Thursday, May 21, 2015

Shrapnel Blasted Deck: My Builds

Here is a look at what I have been putting together over the last couple of weeks. This is a build I am calling "Shrapnel Blasted"



This deck has developed from different versions. I had an Isochron Scepter build that utilized lots of Converted Mana Cost 2 instances. I started thinking one night after speaking with one of my play buddies that I could build an efficient burn deck using Shrapnel Blast and something like Fire Servant to increase the damage outflow. In searching for ways to utilize the Scepter multiple times I looked had Clock of omens but found Dross Scorpion to be more effective.


The basic idea of the deck is simple. Mana Ramp with Sething Song and stack your hand. Play some key cards and bid some time. I can usually hit my opponent on turn 6 or 7 for all 20 life, with out them knowing I am even close.


This is close to my full version. Its now a matter of refinement and preference. Im looking at a build of this that doesn't use Isochron Scepter and the tapping ability but a Dual Casting and Increasing Vengeance cast multiple of a Blast to burn my opponent out for 20 life.

Let me know what you think. Check out the deck on Tappedout.net